It's been a whole year since I last posted a blog. Every time I tried to blog I would see the picture of my dad & I could not bring myself to replace the picture & tribute to him. I still don't want to post something over his post but I know he would want me to move forward & preserve memories for my children. So here I am, not sure what to write. Of course a lot has happened in the last year but I think I will start with today and see where to go from there. Today is the one year mark since my father died. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of him. A couple of weekends ago we were in Kalispell for Kaysen's soccer games and we decided to stop in Polson on the way home and put flowers on my parents grave. This is the first time we have been back since we buried him last year. The engraving has been finished on the headstone. In a couple of weeks, we will do his temple work for him. It will be the first time our whole family we be in the temple together. With Kaysen turning 12 in April, he has the opportunity to do his first baptism for the dead which will be his grandpa. We will all be there to watch. Then Kyle will do his endowments, Kyle & I will be sealed for my parents & then Kyle's parents will step in as proxies for my parents so I can be sealed to them. We are very excited for this opportunity. It makes days like today just a little bit easier knowing that we are one step closer to being a family forever. I am so grateful for the gospel in my life & the knowledge it gives me. I am thankful for the plan of salvation & I am especially grateful for my Heavenly Father, family & friends that love & support me. Thats what gets me through days like today.
3 comments:
Wow Jonette! If I feel that much of a special spirit just reading about your family in the temple, I can't even imagine what it will be like to be there doing that work! What a special thing for your family to be able to do. Thank your for the sweet post! ;)
Thanks for posting. I agree with Kandice, I got goose bumps reading about your plans for the temple. What a special day that will be!
Jonette, I was caught a little off guard as I read your blog and found tears in my eyes as I realized almost anew that Grandpa John will not be there when we come in a few weeks. What a sacred day it will be in the temple, cannot wait to be there. Tonight as I read your blog it occurred to me how marvelous a father you have and it shows in you every day. Love you lots.
Post a Comment